Standard safaris include accommodation in lodges and tented camps on safari and in Arusha.
Visit the Lodges page for details.
Standard accommodations are less expensive than the luxury lodges – tented camps, for example, do not offer as many amenities as the high-end properties. Many of the standard properties are larger facilities (20-75 rooms) and have buffet meals. Some of the properties we frequent during standard safaris are listed below:
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area: Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge, Ngorongoro Serena Lodge, Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge, Rhino Lodge
- Lake Manyara National Park and Karatu: Kirurumu Tented Lodge, Rhotia Valley, Bougainvillea Lodge, Ngorongoro Farm House
- Tarangire National Park: Tarangire Safari Lodge, Tarangire Sopa Lodge, Maramboi Tented Camp, Mada Camp, Whistling Thorn Camp, Kikoti Camp, Tarangire River Camp
- Serengeti National Park: Serengeti Sopa Lodge, Ndutu Lodge, Serengeti Savannah Camp, Nasikia Central Camp, Serengeti Serena Lodge, Lobo Wildlife Lodge, Seronera Wildlife Lodge
- Arusha: Ahadi Lodge, Karama Lodge, L’Oasis
We recommend combining tented camps with lodge stays during a standard safari. Tented camps allow you to ‘sleep in nature’ without having to sleep on the ground. Bush walks and night drives are available at some camps.
We recommend going on morning and afternoon game drives (the best time to view wildlife and take photos), giving you time to enjoy lunch at the lodge. If the lodge is far from the wildlife, we recommend a full-day game drive during which the lodge will provide a picnic lunch